Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dropping by to say hello!

Again, it's been forever. Consistency with blogging is not my strong point. This summer's recap thus far:

It's been a busy one for sure. Even though I don't plan to compete until spring 2013 I'm still training hard to come back with a vengeance. I hope to bring a totally different look to the stage next year. The personal training business has been going well. It tends to be a little slower in the summer, but that has allowed me to focus on some other and new things!

We (Mark, Griffen, and I) began the summer with a road trip to Montana to visit my mom and family. It was a great week, but always too short. About a week following Mark and I got to visit our nation's capitol, Washington D.C.! We recently became Health Coaches for Take Shape For Life ( I think I'll go into depth with that awesomeness in my next blog...I should do that soon then). So the D.C. trip was for Take Shape For Life's National Convention. It was an amazing experience, not only to tour the capitol but to have the opportunity to learn from and mentor with such amazing people, including Dr. Anderson.

Being Health Coaches has allowed us to really help change people's lives, and we've only just begun! Again, I will save the details for the next blog. But in a nutshell, we've been able to help people near and far, family and friends, and people that were once strangers and now friends. I mean seriously help, not just get people fit. Don't get me wrong, I love helping that way too, but now we get to help people get their lives back!

The rest of the summer has consisted of work, play, weddings, birthdays, baby showers, housewarming parties, beach bonfires, garage sales, and ... Life is good. I have my health, family, friends, gratitude, love, and laughter. Those things make the rough times seem so insignificant, because those are the things that really count.

I wish everyone an adventurous summer. Remember to always enjoy the journey, it's what creates memories!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment