Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fulfillment: client success stories

I want to start off by saying that I have a sense of fulfillment like never before! There really is nothing else that will fulfill you and make you feel  more great than being able to help someone else. And I mean help them in a life-changing way!

I want to share some pretty amazing stories of my Take Shape For Life and my personal training/nutrition clients. I'm going to keep the stories brief, and elaborate more on them individually perhaps in later blogs. 

First, my mom has had a hell of a year with her health. Surgeries, infections, weeks in the hospital. It wasn't looking good to say the least. After getting on the road to recovery she was able to start on our amazing Take Shape for Life program with me coaching her. Since getting out of the hospital she is down over 40lbs, feeling the best she's felt in YEARS, and bought an exercise bike and has been exercising regularly! I can't tell you in words what this means, but there was a time when I thought I might not have my mom around for much longer. I can tell you now that I have hope and excitement knowing she will be around for many healthy years to come, and be able to see her future grandkids. I think she would agree.

Second, one of my personal training clients just competed in her first fitness competition. She started training back in February. Prior to this she has always been an endurance athlete, and that's where her passion lies. Some of you may have seen her before and after picture I posted on my facebook. If you haven't seen it I'll tell you, she made an amazing transformation! Her starting weight and bodyfat % was 179lbs and 28% bodyfat and at competition was 139lbs and 11% bodyfat. She is a great example of why I love training. Not only is she a hoot, but seeing her transformation and excitement is priceless. Her next goal is  is Iron Man Canada of 2013!!! 

Third, I literally just got off the phone with a TSFL client (and my cousin) who is now down over 50lbs!!! Bigger than that, she had a check up with her doctor this last week who almost broke out in tears when she saw her progress. She no longer has to be on medications for her PCOS, her risk of cancer went from a 65% chance down to less than 5%, her risk for type 2 diabetes went from borderline diabetic to less than a 10% chance, and she has reversed her symptoms so much that she is healthy and fertile to get pregnant if she wanted (infertility is something many women with PCOS face). It's hard to even fathom those numbers. She's was blessed to have a son over a year ago (thinking it wasn't possible), and now she is setting a great example for her family. 

I wish I had time to share the stories of the 50+ people we have been able to help so far whether it be through working on their fitness or one of our Take Shape For Life clients. Over time, I will continue to share their stories and journeys. Whether it's been helping people understand proper nutrition, creating healthier daily habits in their lives, exercising more, reaching goals, getting off medications, regaining their lives (happily) physically, mentally, and even financially, or helping people help others, it's been a blessing. I'm grateful to have the ability to do what I do. You know what's great? YOU can do it, too! If you have compassion and care for others then you have the ability to help people more than you know. 

America is in a serious health (or lack their of) epidemic, so with that being said we have a lot of work to do to get more people healthy. Lastly, I want to add for those of you that have doubted me and what I do or questioned my intentions, I would encourage you to talk to my clients :) I would also encourage you to do your due diligence before making assumptions and judgments.

Thank you all for tuning in. If my client's stories inspired you, even just one person, in some way then the mission of this blog is complete.  

God bless you all <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment